Professional Swedish Massage Course
This is a PTA massage course Singapore to treat the whole body and pamper with 5 most important techniques – effleurage, petrissage, friction, tapotement and vibration.
The most important is to develop the sense of touch and manage the variation, the transitions of each technique smoothly.
Also commonly known as Swedish Massage, it is a must learn for all beginners.
You will master the 5 famous classical movements and know how to apply to various parts of your body. In the wellness industry, this modality is most popular and best known to help the body relax.
About the Professional Swedish Massage Course in Singapore
Our course offers our students a lot of practical hands on training to practise the long gliding strokes, how to use the fingers, hands and palms to rub, to tap, knead and stretch.
There are a whole lot of different movements for different parts of the muscles and body parts. This therapeutic touch works on rebalancing the body and the emotional level.
Holistic Massage works wonders and offers tremendous benefits:
- Increase the level of oxygen in your body.
- Decrease the muscle toxins.
- Improves blood circulation and thus will ease body aches, pain and tension during the relaxing massage.
- Aids client in having a deeper and more relaxed breathing during the massage.
Everyone who takes the professional Swedish massage course Singapore will learn various massage techniques. The massage techniques will teach you to sooth the central nervous system. Our hands on learning style and fun environment will allow you to leave mastering the effleurage and pettrisage. In addition, our hands-on approach will teach you to complement your tapotement massage skills. Therefore, this will help you to create a relaxing environment during the massage that will leave the clients feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
The professional Swedish massage course in Singapore is the foundation course of all massage courses. This means that you will learn the anatomy, physiology and variety of massage techniques on different parts of the body. This PTA Singapore massage course is a pre-requisite qualification needed to study postnatal and other advanced massage technique.
Massage Course Learning Outcome
- Introduction to massage and benefits.
- Introduction to preparation of massage. This includes towels management of different sizes (bed towel, face towel and body towel for the client) and setting up the massage table.
- Professional consultation with your client to understand clients’ lifestyle and career.
- Basic anatomy and physiology to help detect variations in the soft tissues. You will understand how blood flows work and the massage techniques direct the blood towards the heart to increase blood circulation.
- Sequence and correct PTA massage course Singapore techniques to help the client maintain a much healthier physical state.
- Your massage will help to improve your client’s emotional well-being and reduces stress.
- Most importantly, you will learn the sense of touch. By the end of the course, you be able to massage with right pressure and how to set your stance to protect yourself.
- Safety, health & hygiene during the therapy session.
- Types of essential oils to use during the full body massage session.
- Code of ethics and professionalism in the Singapore wellness industry. This is extremely important if you are looking to be hired by a Singapore wellness employer (e.g. spa, hotel).
- How to provide good aftercare and home care advice.
- Post treatment massage therapy activities.
- Besides a set of useful massage skills, you will learn essential and relevant knowledge for a successful career in the spa and massage establishment
- This includes consultation, communication, aftercare advice to clients and much useful knowledge in the human anatomy relating to body massage.
- The PTA cerfitication is the perfect option for those looking to switch to a new career path or industry.
- Learn from inspiring trainers and start your career on the right foot with PTA certification.
Course Objectives & Outcomes
Learn crucial massage techniques specific to our massage course Singapore program to help sooth the central nervous system.
The right techniques will help people to relax. These techniques include effleurage, petrissage, friction, tapotement and vibration.
Hands-On Learning. FACE to FACE Learning
At Protherapist Academy, we believe that a hands on learning experience is critical to learning techniques properly and well.
Human Anatomy & Physiology