This is a course to treat the whole body and pamper with 5 most important techniques – effleurage, petrissage, friction, tapotement and vibration. The most important is to develop the sense of touch and manage the variation, the transitions of each technique smoothly. Also commonly known as Swedish Massage, it is a must learn for all beginners. You will master the 5 famous classical movements and know how to apply to various parts of your body. In the wellness industry, this modality is most popular and best known to help the body relax. Our course offers our students a lot of practical hands on training to practise the long gliding strokes, how to use the fingers, hands and palms to rub, to tap, knead and stretch. There are a whole lot of different movements for different parts of the muscles and body parts. This therapeutic touch works on rebalancing the body and the emotional level. Holistic Massage works wonders and offers tremendous benefits :
- Increase the level of oxygen in your body
- Decrease the muscle toxins
- Improves blood circulation and thus will ease body aches, pain and tension
- aids client in having a deeper and more relaxed breathing
Everyone who learns this technique will most importantly learn to sooth the central nervous system. Our hands on system will allow you to leave mastering the effleurage, pettrisage and how to complement with tapotement massage skills to create a relaxing massage momentum that will leave the clients feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOME
This is the foundation course for all massage whereby you will learn the anatomy, physiology and variety of massage techniques on different parts of the body. This is a pre-requisite qualification needed to study postnatal and other massage technique.
ABOUT THE MASSAGE COURSE
- Introduction to massage and benefits
- Introduction to preparation of massage, towels management of different sizes (bed towel, face towel and body towel for the client) and massage table
- Professional Consultation with your client to understand clients’ lifestyle and career
- Basic Anatomy & Physiology to help detect variations in the soft tissues, understand how blood flows and learn to massage towards the heart to increase blood circulation.
- Sequence and correct Massage Techniques to help the client maintain a much healthier physical state, improve emotional well-being and reduces stress.
- Most importantly is the sense of touch with right pressure and your stance to protect yourself!
- Safety, Health & Hygiene
- Types of Oils
- Code of ethics, professionalism
- Aftercare and Home Care Advice
- Post treatment activities
FUNDING – WDA FUNDING IS AVAILABLE. SKILLS FUTURE CREDIT CAN BE UTILISED FOR THIS WSQ COURSE
New Class WSQ Provide Full-Body Massage With Oil
28/01/2019 7pm – 10pm – WSQ Full-Body With Oil NIGHT Class
Certification is Awarded by WDA – Statement of Attainment (SOA) WSQ Provide Full Body Massage With Oil
Course Fee: $1,280 (all inclusive)
Mode of Training Delivery Face to Face/Fully Class Room Based Learning, Conduct in English Only
Enrol Requirement: Primary/below Secondary or equivalent.
Minimum Age: 17 years
Part Time Course 2x, 2.5months, 7-10pm
Training Duration 50 hours, and 1.5 hours for assessment
Assessment Theory (Oral) and Practical (must pass Both required assessments to obtain SOA)